Things You Know About Herpes You Should Know
1. Genital herpes is caused by two types of herpes simplex virus HSV-1 or HSV-2.
2. The majority of oral herpes is caused by HSV-1 and genital herpes is caused by HSV-2.
3. Most people show no signs or symptoms of HSV-1 or HSV-2.
4. At least 45 million people 12 and older, 20% of adolescents and adults U. S. ages have had genital herpes.
5. Both herpes 1 and 2 can be transmitted through contact with wounds that cause herpes virus, but also between attacks (sometimes called obstetricians) by "casting" the skin that has no injury on her.
6. Herpes transmission often occurs from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not even know they are infected with the virus.
7. OB genital HSV-1 relapse less frequently than genital overvoltage due to HSV-2.
8. The first symptoms of genital herpes, they can be very intense. Subsequent OB are softer.
9. Reddened small area, sometimes with bumps or blisters filled with fluid;
10. Itching, burning or tingling in the genital area;
11. Flu-like symptoms (headache, swollen glands, fever);
12. Do not tighten OB bubbles, which can cause spread of infection.
13. Genital herpes infection can be more severe in people with weakened immune systems due to other causes.
14. Genital herpes can cause psychological distress in people who know they are infected, mainly because of the associated social stigma.
15. Any area in the groin may be affected by genital herpes.
16. Herpes infection is not the only cause genital lesions. Bacterial infections have also been known to cause damage that resemble shingles.
17. Genital herpes can lead to potentially fatal infections in babies.
18. Genital herpes can sometimes be diagnosed by visual inspection of the epidemic, or take an actual sample of injury.
19. The only sure way to prevent herpes and other sexually transmitted diseases is abstinence or long-term, mutually monogamous relationship with someone who is not infected.
20. Genital herpes caused by HSV-2 has a chance of OB 80-90%.
21. Genital herpes caused by HSV-1 carries a chance to OB 50%.
22. Sores can occur in areas that are not covered by a latex condom, so condoms are not foolproof in protecting genital herpes.
23. Even if a person has no symptoms, he or she can infect sexual partners.
24. You can not get herpes pools, towels or toilet seats.
25. Frequency and severity of herpes OB vary between individuals.
26. The most common symptom of genital herpes is one or more sores or blisters to appear on the genitals, anus, buttocks.
29. Exposure and extreme weather conditions.
30. OB are more common in the first year after infection with herpes.
genital herpes can be well controlled with medication, stress management and healthy eating.
31. Genital herpes infections rarely cause long-term damage in healthy adults.
32. Research has shown that genital herpes causes no cervix or other cancer types.
33. With proper treatment and open communication, most people with herpes find that they can have healthy, normal relations, pleasant.
34. You can wear loose cotton clothes to avoid friction.
35. Women who get herpes before becoming pregnant have a low risk of transmitting the virus to the baby.
36. Risk increases children herpes if the mother gets herpes during the last trimester of pregnancy.
37. A diagnosis of genital herpes in a long-term, monogamous relationship does not mean that a partner has been unfaithful.
38. Herpes can be transmitted through oral sex.
39. There is no absolute cure for the infection of herpes this time.
40. If you have genital herpes, avoid (or reduce) the activities that may affect OBS.
41. Poor nutrition;
43. Emotional or physical stress;
44. Lack of sleep;
45. Excess alcohol;
46. Surgical trauma.
47. Excessive friction during sex can trigger OB.
48. Genital herpes does not mean your sex life is over.
49. About 70% of genital herpes cases result from asymptomatic shedding when there are signs or symptoms.
50. It was reported that people who tell their partners of their diagnosis are rarely rejected.
51. Herpes was not found on fertility or ability to have children.
52. Research suggests that when someone has HIV and HSV, HIV can be increased in genital secretions, which increases the risk of HIV transmission to sexual partners.
53. Cold sores and canker sores are not related, although people confuse the two.
54. Cold sores are contagious.
55. Canker sores are not contagious.
56. Cold sores appear around the mouth and symptoms.
57. Tiny blisters or sores filled with liquid around the mouth, surrounded by red skin (inflammation);
59. Days before the onset of pain or bubbles tingling around the mouth area;
60. And discomfort and blisters usually last between 7 and 10 days.
61. Cold sores can sometimes be found on the nose, chin or fingers.
62. Oral herpes B can occur through contact with someone who has an active lesion through activities such as sharing utensils, razors and towels.
63. Cold sores usually heal without drugs (http: // www .. symptoms are severe;
64. You have frequent outbreaks;
65. Or eye irritation occurs.
66. Some people are more at risk for herpes labialis and should be avoided.
68. If the herpes infects the eye, can cause corneal scarring - a major cause of blindness in the US.
69. Pregnant women should alert the doctor if she or her partner has genital herpes. Not kiss or have skin contact with infected people during an OB;
70. Do not share items such as kitchen utensils, towels, lip balm;
71. OB, wash your hands thoroughly and regularly;
72. Be careful when touching other parts of the body, especially the eyes and genitals;
73. Avoid stressful situations, such as cold or flu, lack of sleep or prolonged sun exposure without sunscreen;
74. In some cases, the decision not to use condoms may be agreed in a relationship where both partners understand the risk of contracting genital herpes.
75. Because of the false negative views of society about genital herpes, you should prepare before approaching others on the subject.
76. Wherever you feel safe and comfortable is a good place to talk about herpes with a partner.
77. Discuss genital herpes can strengthen your relationship and bring you closer together as a couple.