What's The Discovery Of The Various Stages Of Gum Disease
Contrary to popular belief, periodontal gum disease is not just a disease. Instead, there is an inflammation and / or infection of the tooth tissue, which may affect the teeth and in severe cases, the bone holding the teeth in their recesses. Medical or medically as periodontitis, the term "gum disease" is often used interchangeably with the term "gingivitis" and "periodontitis", known.
The following article will give you some basic ideas of gum disease and focuses on the main differences between the different stages of the same. If not removed periodically, it remains on the surface of the teeth and gum disease causing accumulate and tooth decay.
Calculus (tartar): It's hard, and rigid plate, lead if untreated gum disease early.
Causes and risk factors of gum disease
While plaque (bacteria) is considered the main cause of gum disease, other risk factors, such as chewing tobacco, malnutrition, alcohol, smoking, higher levels of stress and certain drugs can also act as agents or aggravating.
Participate based on its severity, the region and the associated complications, gum disease can be divided in the following stages or types:
1st stage (gingivitis)Medical called gingivitis (= gums, itis = inflammation), the first stage of periodontal disease refers only to gingival inflammation. At the beginning or first stage of periodontal disease is bacterial plaque charged gradually accumulates, can irritate the gums. As a result, the gums are inflamed, it can swell, redden and bleed easily and quickly when brushing.
Phase 1 features• Calculation with sensitive gums changes to a rough surface on which plaque accumulates.
• Can gaps between the gums and teeth (periodontal pockets), but not always, be due to the failure, the periodontal fibers that hold the gums tightly to the teeth.
• No bone less involved or damaged
• This is a relatively mild form of gum disease is easy if treated early and correctly reversed
The second phase (periodontitis)When the first layer is untreated, the second step often results in the stone plate is hard, which should be removed, rather than by brushing alone. Also known as periodontal disease require moderately severe form of gum disease aggressive treatment.
2nd Phase Properties• Unlike the first phase, the card (and / or calculation) is not "on", but found "down" from the gums.
• Bad breath is present.
You also may be soft gums, red, painful and bloody.
• The gingival pockets dental tissue (gums and braces) formed starting from the teeth to pull away.
• The bone begins to show damage, which often leads to lost teeth permanently.
• Although it is relatively difficult to treat, this phase can be reversed if treated promptly and correctly.
Third stage (Advanced periodontitis)Also known as advanced or severe periodontitis, this phase is irreversible and complicated form of gum disease, characterized by bone disease, tooth decay and loss of permanent teeth.
Phase 3 features• Gingival pockets deepen and make more room for more bacterial activity that the bone holding the teeth, until eventually damages are created and destroyed, resulting in tooth decay and loss.
• This pus between the teeth and gums, and is visible when the gums are pressed together.
• Permanent teeth may lose so much support falling or must always be removed.
• The third and final; Phase of gum disease is irreversible.
Overall, periodontal disease is a common and serious disease that should be treated orally treated early and correctly. Depending on the severity and course of the disease agent gum (level 2) and severe (Stage 3) can be divided into soft (1st phase).